Published in: Archives
Published on Sunday, 17 July 2011 08:55
Aulani will be located in a truly great place, Hawaii, and will feature a lot of different adventures for both kids and grown-ups. Let's take a look together at what we can expect to see:
Kids reign Supreme at Aulani
There is beyond a doubt something for everyone at Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa. In true Disney fashion, special attention has been paid to making the stay of our younger guests extra magical by offering a diverse array of kid-friendly experiences. Children will make memories in paradise they will not soon forget and will talk about for years to come.
Hawaiian Menehune, mischievous characters responsible for a wide range of mysterious happenings on the islands, are central to the theme of Aulani as they can be found throughout the resort in a way similar to hidden Mickeys. There are two experiences named after the Menehune that children will be sure to enjoy:
- Younger children will enjoy splashing around at Menehune Bridge, a 2,200-square-foot children's interactive water play area featuring three slides, interactive water elements and a climbing play structure.
- The Menehune Adventure Trail, an interactive adventure that runs throughout the resort, will allow guests to immerse themselves in a magical and mischievous story while uncovering a number of surprises with the help of the Menehune. Along the trail, guests will meet a cast of fun, local characters and discover items such as a deep lava tube, a work-in-progress canoe and a missing turtle.
Aunty's Beach House, a Disney-themed activity center, will welcome children with the warmth and hospitality Hawai'i is known for and will allow children to gain a deeper knowledge of Hawaiian culture by exploring Hawai'i's many mysteries and legends surrounding the earth, sea and sky. Planned activities include treasure hunts, hula lessons, arts and crafts, Disney movies and much more.
The theme of Aunty's Beach House is a well-loved, laidback, lived-in place created to instantly make guests feel as if they just stepped into the home of a dear friend. Just outside Aunty's Beach House, flip flop "slippers" are piled up by the front door right next to a rack of Aunty's beautifully woven straw hats. Inside, a dried maile lei is draped over a cherished family portrait and an ever-growing seashell collection rests on the mantelpiece. Children will be delighted by all of the surprises Aunty's Beach House has in store for them as they move from room to room, making this an experience they are sure to enjoy numerous times during their stay.
Teens will certainly not be forgotten at Aulani. Painted Sky: A Teen Spa is part of the 23,000-square-foot Laniwai - A Disney Spa. There teens will enjoy a yogurt bar, computer access, mixology station and treatments such as massages, facials, manicures/pedicures and make-up applications.
Other kid-friendly experiences include:
- Aulani's Mo'olelo Storytelling, which will take placearound the fire pit and will be brought to life by Uncle, the resort's Hawaiian elder.
- 'Ohana Disney Movie Nights, which will take place out on the event lawn under the starry O'ahu sky. Guests will grab a straw mat and head out to find the perfect spot to enjoy a featured Disney film.
- Also, guests can catch their favorite Disney characters on vacation at Aulani! Daily Character Meet and Greets will be available throughout the resort.
Next week, read about Aulani Excursions. Have you ever wanted to visit the valley where "Lost," "Jurassic Park" and "50 First Dates" were filmed? Tune in to find out how you can do that and so much more during your stay at Aulani.
Sounds like a lot of fun, right? Is anybody going to Hawaii in the near future? If you are, don't miss this incredible place! it will open soon, very soon. More info coming in the following weeks. Stay tuned.