Published in: Archives
Published on Tuesday, 01 May 2012 18:01
LEGOLAND Florida's new water park is almost ready to open, and the park's lifeguards are currently being trained for their very important job. Let's take a look behind the scenes:
Rescue Training Begins Today for 150 Newly Hired Lifeguards at LEGOLAND® Florida Water Park Attraction
-- New attraction opens Saturday, May 26 --
May 1, 2012 - Training for the “most important job in the park” began today as newly minted lifeguards took to the wave pool at LEGOLAND® Florida’s soon-to-open water park attraction. Trainees practiced deep-water rescues, swimming drills and compact jumps from atop a lifeguard stand.
All training was certified by the American Red Cross. There was also time for a little horseplay, with trainees performing a synchronized “wave” in the pool and taking a spin on a LEGO® Build-A-Raft.
LEGOLAND Florida is hiring 250 new employees for the water park attraction, including 150 lifeguards. Including these new positions, LEGOLAND Florida has created 1,250 new jobs at the Central Florida attraction.
The new water park attraction is a “park within the park” and is part of the overall LEGOLAND Florida experience. Guests may access the water park with a $12 per-person upgrade (only $3 upgrade for children under 3) to a single-day ticket. Premium Pass holders receive unlimited seasonal access to the water park along with 12 months unlimited access to LEGOLAND Florida; Premium Passes are $179 for adults and $149 for child/senior for 12. Both Premium Passes and single day tickets may be purchased at www.LEGOLAND.com
Just as a reminder, LEGOLAND Florida's the water park will include the following attractions:
· LEGO Wave Pool – Families can catch a gentle wave or simply cool off in this perfectly sized wave pool where the waves are just big enough for all ages to enjoy
· Build-A-Raft River - Families can imagine, design and build a unique LEGO vessel and set afloat on a maiden voyage around the 1000-foot-long lazy river, set amongst playful LEGO Friends, flowering vegetation and palm trees
· Twin Chasers – Friends ride tubes 375 feet down an intertwining pair of enclosed water slides before plunging into a refreshing pool below
· Splash Out – The thrill seekers of the family can ascend to the tallest point of the water park attraction and choose from one of three unique slides, then speed down a 60-foot drop and “splash out” into the water below
· Joker Soaker - A fun, interactive playground with various lengths, heights and types of slides that offer something different for every member of the family. Guests can wade in the surrounding pool and be surprised with a torrential spill from a 300-gallon bucket
· DUPLO Splash Safari – Toddlers will rule at this water play area with shorter slides and interactive, larger-than-life DUPLO creatures
This is going to be a great addition! We will try to be there during the Grand Opening celebrations.
ALL PHOTOS: ©2012 The LEGO Group. © 2010 Chip Litherland Photography