Published in: Archives
Published on Thursday, 26 April 2012 15:24
LEGOLAND Florida is a very large theme park, and due to its size and its usually limited operating hours can sometimes make it a bit hard for families with a limited budget to get around the whole park in one single day. Just a few hours ago, LEGOLAND Florida posted an interesting post on their official blog
regarding this subject, and they included some tips that you may find really helpful to schedule your day at the park:
Planning Your Trip To LEGOLAND® Florida?
Although LEGOLAND® Florida is still relatively young as a theme park, there are already some regular questions we get from first time visitors. One of these is “How much time do we need to see everything?” This is a great question, especially for people who are detailed planners. The answer will vary based on any number of factors: park operating hours, weather, age/number of kids, and Park attendance.
We've found that many families can experience the Park in one day, especially if they get there right when it opens and stay through closing. If you find that one day isn't enough adding a second day to your trip is just a $15 upgrade. When the Water Park opens in May we highly recommend a second day, which will also take the pressure off of seeing all of LEGOLAND in one day and will allow you time to re-visit your favorite attractions.
TIPS ON SEEING THE PARK IN ONE DAY:
- Get to the Park 20-30 minutes before opening so you can find a parking spot, get slathered up with sunscreen and packed up into the stroller.
- We highly suggest buying your tickets online in advance, this saves time!
- Stop at The Market in The Beginning once through the turnstiles to load up on some snacks and waters so you don’t have to make multiple snack stops throughout the day. The Market offers a wide variety of healthy and tasty snacks including Cheerios in cups for the little ones, various gluten free options and delicious coffee drinks for parents.
- Save shopping for the end of the trip at The Big Shop and The Studio Store. You can also take advantage of the Package Pick-up Service. Make your purchases at any one of our retail locations and then pick them up at the Package Pick-up area at the Front Gate as you leave the park. Please allow two hours between purchase and pickup.
- Get a show guide when you first enter the Park as show times can help map out your day. The Big Test is a must see for first-time Park goers and Battle for Brickbeard’s Bounty can only be found at LEGOLAND Florida.
- Allow time in the afternoon to study all seven cities in Miniland USA. There are hundreds of little vignettes to tickle your funny bone or awe and inspire you. Looking for a few quieter moments? Take a stroll through the historical Cypress Gardens.
- Plan ahead. Measure your kiddos ahead of time and read our website to know ahead of time which rides and areas of the Park are geared more for your kids’ age ranges. If you have more adventurous kids, we suggest heading to the back of the park in the morning to ride our "pink knuckle" attractions before the larger crowds arrive mid-day.
- Don't forget to stop for a leisurely stroll in Fun Town and enjoy some Granny Apple Fries or a tasty treat from Sunny's Scoop Shop.
We hope that helps you get a good start on your adventure through LEGOLAND Florida.
These are certainly some very helpful pieces of advice that you should not overlook. Remember that if you have any specific question about LEGOLAND Florida or any other theme park or attraction in the area, you can contact us too (please, allow a few days for a response, as we are very busy most of the time. Thank you).
The tips reported here are subject to the copyright of LEGOLAND Florida. ©2010 The LEGO Group.