Rescue Training Begins Today for 150 Newly Hired Lifeguards at LEGOLAND® Florida Water Park Attraction
-- New attraction opens Saturday, May 26 --
May 1, 2012 - Training for the “most important job in the park” began today as newly minted lifeguards took to the wave pool at LEGOLAND® Florida’s soon-to-open water park attraction. Trainees practiced deep-water rescues, swimming drills and compact jumps from atop a lifeguard stand.
Just as a reminder, LEGOLAND Florida's the water park will include the following attractions:
· LEGO Wave Pool – Families can catch a gentle wave or simply cool off in this perfectly sized wave pool where the waves are just big enough for all ages to enjoy
· Build-A-Raft River - Families can imagine, design and build a unique LEGO vessel and set afloat on a maiden voyage around the 1000-foot-long lazy river, set amongst playful LEGO Friends, flowering vegetation and palm trees
· Twin Chasers – Friends ride tubes 375 feet down an intertwining pair of enclosed water slides before plunging into a refreshing pool below
· Splash Out – The thrill seekers of the family can ascend to the tallest point of the water park attraction and choose from one of three unique slides, then speed down a 60-foot drop and “splash out” into the water below
· Joker Soaker - A fun, interactive playground with various lengths, heights and types of slides that offer something different for every member of the family. Guests can wade in the surrounding pool and be surprised with a torrential spill from a 300-gallon bucket
· DUPLO Splash Safari – Toddlers will rule at this water play area with shorter slides and interactive, larger-than-life DUPLO creatures
This is going to be a great addition! We will try to be there during the Grand Opening celebrations.